Monday, August 3, 2009

Tickets, Visas...........GO

The tickets are safe in the Flight Folder, along with the passports complete with visas stuck in, the medical insurance, the all important "Yellow book" for the vaccinations and of course the International Driving Permits.
I had to go up to Pretoria last week to hand in all the paperwork to the Ethiopian Embassey, once there it took 24 hrs and the passports were ready. While I was there I took the opertunity to pop over to Jo'burg to see Bushlore, they are the people who the vehicles are rented from. Had a look around spoke to the owner and Ops man. I feel a lot better now I know what I am in for with regards to the vehicle. We will be driving a Land Rover Defender (TDi), manual. The last time I drove one of this type was last century when I was in the Defence Force, I left 20 years ago!
This is going to be an experience and a half, Caretha has never driven a Land Rover that I know of, (Who knows what dark secrets she is hiding!) so it will be like learning to drive all over again and on the "wrong" side of the road too boot.
Caretha will be doing the final up-date before we head off to express her thoughts and feelings on the day before we leave (ETD {from the house} 08:15 on Wednesday 5th). We will then update as often as we can.
Unfortunatly we will not be able to put up any photos as the cost using the Sat phone is litteraly out of this world! (US$70 per Mb for data and the same amount per minute for speech!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment